When my husband received an early bird special email in his inbox for Revolution Brewing‘s Oktoberfest Party, we both agreed we had to go. So we invited a bunch of our friends from college to come and have a stein with us!
For $25, your ticket to the Oktoberfest Party buys you a commemorative glass stein and one fill up (that’s 33.4 ounces). What did you think was going to happen?!?
You guessed it–this light weight had the time of her life at last Friday night’s event. These were a few reasons why:
1. I was able to check “visit a local brewery” off of my to-do list.
2. I didn’t have to wait much in the super long line to get into the event (if you remember, it was chilly and raining).
3. When it was time to refill my stein (yes, after the first 33.4 ounces went down rather smoothly), the brewers were going around giving people free cans of Oktoberfest (please go to your favorite local grocery store and get some–it’s delicious!). Here is Revolution’s description of Oktoberfest:
A classic German-style Oktoberfest beer that goes down smooth with a pleasant, toasty malt flavor. Hallertauer Mittelfruh hops give the beer a crisp, balanced bitterness and a spicy, earthy aroma. Our head brewer Jim Cibak says our 2014 version is our most refined yet!
4. So many of our friends from college were there–it was amazing! (This is the most important reason!)
5. The people in #4 let me take as many group selfies as I wanted to. But even better than that GlitterGuts was there with a photo table with free prints! (All photo booth photos from the event are here.)
6. There was a rock band, food trucks outside as well as German fare inside, a touchdown toss, drunk tank, and more activities to enjoy.
When this event comes up next year, do yourself a favor and go. For now, just pick up some Oktoberfest and enjoy!
3340 N Kedzie Ave